Technology has come a long way over the last 50 years or so and with these advancements, we have been able to make our homes more comfortable and easier to maintain. We have been able to have high tech appliances to make our lives easier, better building techniques to make our homes more durable and even make our homes safer. With all this in mind, it’s understandable why so many people are taking the wood out of window and door frames and replacing them with aluminium. If you’re still not convinced as to whether or not you should make the aluminium change to your home, here is a comparison between wood and aluminium.
Advantages to aluminium:
• Aluminium has become the ideal material for windows and doors for South African homes.
• Aluminium is the most cost-effective option for South African window frames and doors.
• Aluminium can be easily customized for specific home need and styles.
• Aluminium does not rot, unlike wooden window frames and doors.
• Aluminium is practical and essentially maintenance free.
• Aluminium comes in a variety of colours to suit your personal style and environment.
• Aluminium window frames are stylish with a modern, streamlined aesthetic.
• Window frames and doors made from aluminium are easy to install.
Disadvantages to aluminium:
• If aluminium isn’t glazed properly, it may have limited insulation.
Advantages to wood:
• Wood can be customized to be more aesthetically pleasing.
• Wood is a natural insulator and can be very energy efficient.
• Wood can come in a variety of finishes.
Disadvantages to wood:
• Window frames and doors require regular maintenance to protect it against damage from the sun and rain.
• Wood rot spreads quickly and repairing or replacing the window frame or door is expensive and time-consuming.
• Wood works out to be more expensive than aluminium after it has been installed, glazed, varnished and painted.
With the pros and cons weighed up, it is easy to see why aluminium has become the medium of choice for window and door frames across South Africa for both businesses and homes. Aluminium is an easy choice to help improve your lifestyle and security at home.
Need to convert your wooden window frames and doors to aluminium?
Sequ-Door has grown into one of the leading companies in South Africa for the manufacture and installation of high-quality security doors, security windows, and burglar proofing.
We specialize in home conversions, patio enclosures, aluminum doors and windows and our robust range of security barrier solutions will put your mind at ease. All our expandable security doors and windows come standard with a Slam-Lock feature, providing instant security in times of emergency.
Tel: 087 073 6677